Bait & Tackle
Boat Trailer Parking
On the water
Paddle Board Rental
The T. K. Stokes Boat Ramp is located in northwest Jacksonville, west of Lem Turner Road on the north side of the Ribault River. The land was originally part of the Riverview subdivision platted in 1911. Duval County purchased a portion of the site in 1956, and also leased adjacent property. The facility contained a softball field, basketball court, playground, and tennis courts by 1965. Three boat ramps had been added by 1978, and the leases were eventually terminated and the athletic amenities eliminated. In 1992, the City completed a major renovation of the ramp and also expanded the site by purchasing one-acre of land to the west. Prior to 1965, the facility was named for Thomas K. Stokes, Jr. (1915-2002), a local civic leader and Duval County commissioner. He served as the Illustrious Potentate of the local Morocco Temple of the Shrine, as president of the Opportunity Branch of the YMCA, and as a board member of the Big Brothers.
Additional features: Limited water depths in area
Benches 6 Boat docks 1 Boat Ramps 1 Boat Parking 30 Car Parking 35 Manatee Education Perimeter Site Fencing Picnic shelters 1 Picnic Tables 2 Playground Equipment 1 Security Lighting Trash Barrels 5