Jacksonville Housing and Community Development Commission Board Meeting
Wednesday, 28 JUL 2021 9:30 AM
Edward Ball Building 214 N. Hogan Street – 8th Floor Room 851
Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/5y4DSLuNWWQsRdmu9
NOTE Request for a packet must be made to Barbara Florio: BFLORIO@COJ.NET Board packets will be electronically mailed.
A PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR ANY REQUEST MADE AFTER THE DEADLINE DATE FOR PROCESSING.
Pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act, accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please allow 1-2 business days notification to process; last minute requests will be accepted, but may not be possible to fulfill. Please contact Disabled Services Division at: V(904) 255-5472, TTY-(904) 255-5475, or email your request to email@example.com.
** At the beginning of public comment, the Chair of the Jacksonville Housing Finance Authority will establish a time period for each speaker that is no more than 3 minutes per speaker.
- All participants who wish to participate in public comment during the meeting state their intention when requested by providing their full name.
- The Chair will call on speakers, by name, from those individuals requesting to speak.
- Wait to be recognized for your public comment time by the Chair.
- Begin speaking after the Chair has recognized your turn during public comment.
The Commission has 11 members, six of whom are appointed by the mayor and confirmed by City Council and five of whom are appointed by the Council. View current Board member list here: JHCDC-Board-April-2020.pdf Their charge is outlined as follows:
- Develop a clear, measurable and meaningful definition of substandard housing.
- Identify, specify as to location and map substandard housing properties and blighted areas of the city for the purpose of elimination.
- Implement neighborhood action plans to target infill housing as a community development priority.
- Centralize a housing delivery system, which is responsive to affordable housing needs county-wide. The delivery system should minimize opportunities for territorialism and maximize a cohesive utilization of existing housing the property development resources - both public and private.
- Establish a close and interactive relationship with planning, permitting and zoning functions of the city, streamline these efforts and facilitate more efficient housing development processes.
- Lead and coordinate the effort to build more affordable urban infill housing units.
- Provide technical and financial assistance to non-profit and faith-based organizations to increase their capacity to provide infill housing.
- Identify and develop funding streams and financial resources for all phases of affordable housing development including land banking, foreclosures and seizures and property transfer to viable developers.
- Facilitate the development of a process of homebuyer preparation that helps create a pipeline of prospective purchasers of new affordable housing.
- Create a marketing and community outreach initiative that promotes housing opportunities.
JHCDC Meetings are held: 4th Wednesday of the month 214 North Hogan Street 8th Floor Jacksonville, FL 32202 - 9:30 am. JHCDC-2021-Calendar.pdf Please contact Barbara Florio to be added to the mailing list. MEETING TIME: Wednesday, 28 JUL 2021 - 9:30 am
JHCDC Past Meeting Minutes: The Jacksonville Housing and Community Development Commission (JHCDC) is designated as the housing agency for the City of Jacksonville. Their mission is the creation of affordable housing and the eradication of substandard housing with the goal of developing and maintaining healthy communities. JHCDC Agendas JHCDC Notices
June 2021 Presentation - City of Jacksonville Senior Services https://www.coj.net/departments/parks-and-recreation/senior-services SPOA-CDBG-Presentation-23-JUN-2021
Previous Presentations: April 2019 Presentation: Fair Housing Week 4-24-19 September JHCDC Presentation: NFAN - 9.25.2019 presentation November\December Presentation: Catholic Charities JHCDC Presentation December 2019 Helpful links: