Housing and Community Development Division
Offices are Closed
Due to COVID-19
our front offices are closed. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For information regarding Housing Services, Community Development, Fair Housing, Surplus Property, Infill Development Incentive Program, Community Heroes Program, Disaster Assistance Program, and the Jacksonville Housing and Community Development Division
You can also reach us via email at HCDDComments@coj.net
For mail delivery or packages please contact (904) 255-8200
The Commission has 11 members, six of whom are appointed by the mayor and confirmed by City Council and five of whom are appointed by the Council. View current Board member list here:
JHCDC Board Roster - 2019
JHCDC Annual Report - 2017-2018
November\December Presentation: Catholic Charities JHCDC Presentation December 2019
Fair Housing Week 4-24-19
September JHCDC Presentation: NFAN - 9.25.2019 presentation
Beaches Habitat General Presentation 10-24-18
Salvation Army Women's Aux Presentation 12-12-18
Their charge is outlined as follows:
- Develop a clear, measurable and meaningful definition of substandard housing.
- Identify, specify as to location and map substandard housing properties and blighted areas of the city for the purpose of elimination.
- Implement neighborhood action plans to target infill housing as a community development priority.
- Centralize a housing delivery system, which is responsive to affordable housing needs county-wide. The delivery system should minimize opportunities for territorialism and maximize a cohesive utilization of existing housing the property development resources - both public and private.
- Establish a close and interactive relationship with planning, permitting and zoning functions of the city, streamline these efforts and facilitate more efficient housing development processes.
- Lead and coordinate the effort to build more affordable urban infill housing units.
- Provide technical and financial assistance to non-profit and faith-based organizations to increase their capacity to provide infill housing.
- Identify and develop funding streams and financial resources for all phases of affordable housing development including land banking, foreclosures and seizures and property transfer to viable developers.
- Facilitate the development of a process of homebuyer preparation that helps create a pipeline of prospective purchasers of new affordable housing.
- Create a marketing and community outreach initiative that promotes housing opportunities.
Next Meeting: Notice is hereby given that the Honorable Scott B. Wilson, President of the Jacksonville City Council hereby CANCELS “ALL MEETINGS” of the Jacksonville City Council, Agenda Meetings, Boards, Commissions, Standing Committee Meetings scheduled for March 16, 2020 through April 5, 2020 not including the Special Meeting of the Council noticed for March 16, 2020 at 11:30 am at 117 West Duval Street 1st Floor City Hall St James Building Jacksonville Florida.
Cancellations of meetings are due to escalating health and safety issues associated with COVID-19 and for the concern of the public well-being.
March 25, 2020
Ed Ball Building Rm 851
JHCDC Meetings are held:
4th Wednesday of the month
214 North Hogan Street
8th Floor 9:30 am
Jacksonville, FL., 32202
Please contact Barbara Florio to be added to the mailing list.
The Lofts at LaVilla Apartments
The Jacksonville Housing and Community Development Commission (JHCDC) is designated as the housing agency for the City of Jacksonville. Their mission is the creation of affordable housing and the eradication of substandard housing with the goal of developing and maintaining healthy communities.