Jacksonville Housing and Community Development Commission
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE FOR ZOOM MEETING
(**No physical location will be available for this public meeting**)
Notice is hereby given that the City of Jacksonville’s Jacksonville Housing and Community Development Commission (JHCDC) will hold a meeting on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 9:30a.m. via Zoom pursuant to State of Florida Executive Order 20-69 (Emergency Management-COVID-19-Local Government Public Meetings). The purpose of this meeting is for JHCDC Commissioners to consider and take action on the agenda which can be found at:
Interested persons desiring to attend this meeting can only do so via Zoom (including by computer or telephone) using the following meeting access information:
Topic: JHCDC Board Meeting 9/23/2020
Time: September 23, 2020 09:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Join By Computer
Meeting ID: 938 7124 8677
Join By Phone
Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US New York)
Meeting ID: 938 7124 8677
Interested persons who cannot attend this Zoom meeting but who wish to submit public comments to be read during the public comment portion of the meeting regarding any matter on the agenda for consideration at the meeting may do so by emailing Barbara Florio at Bflorio@coj.net up to the meeting start time of 9:30 a.m. Public comments submitted by email must be received no later than 9:40 a.m. on the date of the meeting to be read during the public comment portion of the meeting. The meeting agenda and materials can be obtained electronically by contacting Barbara Florio at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm September 22nd.
Please contact Nicole Spradley by telephone at (904) 255-8933 or by email at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding this notice or if you experience technical difficulties during the meeting. If you have a disability that requires accommodations to participate in the above Jacksonville Housing and Community Development Commission meeting, please call (904) 255-8200 no later than 12:00 p.m. the day before the meeting (September 22nd) and we will provide reasonable assistance for you. Requests for accommodations received after 12:00 p.m. the day before the meeting may not be met.
A recording of this meeting will be available electronically within 4 business days of the meeting at:
The Commission has 11 members, six of whom are appointed by the mayor and confirmed by City Council and five of whom are appointed by the Council. View current Board member list here: JHCDC-Board-April-2020.pdf
Their charge is outlined as follows:
- Develop a clear, measurable and meaningful definition of substandard housing.
- Identify, specify as to location and map substandard housing properties and blighted areas of the city for the purpose of elimination.
- Implement neighborhood action plans to target infill housing as a community development priority.
- Centralize a housing delivery system, which is responsive to affordable housing needs county-wide. The delivery system should minimize opportunities for territorialism and maximize a cohesive utilization of existing housing the property development resources - both public and private.
- Establish a close and interactive relationship with planning, permitting and zoning functions of the city, streamline these efforts and facilitate more efficient housing development processes.
- Lead and coordinate the effort to build more affordable urban infill housing units.
- Provide technical and financial assistance to non-profit and faith-based organizations to increase their capacity to provide infill housing.
- Identify and develop funding streams and financial resources for all phases of affordable housing development including land banking, foreclosures and seizures and property transfer to viable developers.
- Facilitate the development of a process of homebuyer preparation that helps create a pipeline of prospective purchasers of new affordable housing.
- Create a marketing and community outreach initiative that promotes housing opportunities.
September 23, 2020
JHCDC Meetings are held:
4th Wednesday of the month
214 North Hogan Street 8th Floor
Jacksonville, FL., 32202
Please contact Barbara Florio to be added to the mailing list. Previous Presentations: November\December Presentation: Catholic Charities JHCDC Presentation December 2019 Fair Housing Week 4-24-19 September JHCDC Presentation: NFAN - 9.25.2019 presentation
August Presentation - Women's Center of Jacksonville
Presented by Lucy Maddox, Development Coordinator
An Orlando native, Lucy Maddox received her B.A. in Literature from New College of Florida; her undergraduate thesis was a feminist reevaluation of genre fiction. After spending 5 years living in Manhattan, she moved back to Florida to earn her M.S. in Information at Florida State University, with a focus on public library leadership, which she was awarded in 2019. From 2016 to 2020, Lucy worked in nonprofit development at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando, before relocating to Jacksonville. Lucy was hired by the Women’s Center of Jacksonville to assist with Development efforts, during a challenging time…in the midst of a worldwide pandemic. With only 3 months under her belt, she has already helped to host the largest event the Women’s Center has ever had, a virtual celebration of both the Women’s Center’s 25th anniversary and the 100 year anniversary of a woman’s right to vote! In a short time, Lucy is becoming an expert in both the services offered by the Women’s Center of Jacksonville and our First Coast community.
The Lofts at LaVilla Apartments Vestcor, Developer Financed through:
JHCDC Past Meeting Minutes
The Jacksonville Housing and Community Development Commission (JHCDC) is designated as the housing agency for the City of Jacksonville. Their mission is the creation of affordable housing and the eradication of substandard housing with the goal of developing and maintaining healthy communities.
Past month meeting: JHCDC August Meeting
Date: Aug 26, 2020 09:19 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)