The Jacksonville Housing and Community Development Commission (JHCDC) is designated as the housing agency for the City of Jacksonville. Their mission is the creation of affordable housing and the eradication of substandard housing with the goal of developing and maintaining healthy communities.
The Commission has 11 members, six of whom are appointed by the mayor and confirmed by City Council and five of whom are appointed by the Council. View current Board member list here:
JHCDC Board Roster - 2019
JHCDC Annual Report - 2017-2018
September JHCDC Presentation: NFAN - 9.25.2019 presentation
Fair Housing Week 4-24-19
Beaches Habitat General Presentation 10-24-18
Salvation Army Women's Aux Presentation 12-12-18
Their charge is outlined as follows:
- Develop a clear, measurable and meaningful definition of substandard housing.
- Identify, specify as to location and map substandard housing properties and blighted areas of the city for the purpose of elimination.
- Implement neighborhood action plans to target infill housing as a community development priority.
- Centralize a housing delivery system, which is responsive to affordable housing needs county-wide. The delivery system should minimize opportunities for territorialism and maximize a cohesive utilization of existing housing the property development resources - both public and private.
- Establish a close and interactive relationship with planning, permitting and zoning functions of the city, streamline these efforts and facilitate more efficient housing development processes.
- Lead and coordinate the effort to build more affordable urban infill housing units.
- Provide technical and financial assistance to non-profit and faith-based organizations to increase their capacity to provide infill housing.
- Identify and develop funding streams and financial resources for all phases of affordable housing development including land banking, foreclosures and seizures and property transfer to viable developers.
- Facilitate the development of a process of homebuyer preparation that helps create a pipeline of prospective purchasers of new affordable housing.
- Create a marketing and community outreach initiative that promotes housing opportunities.
December 4, 2019*
Ed Ball Building Rm 851
(*Combined November and December meetings)
JHCDC 2019 Calendar
JHCDC Meetings are held:
4th Wednesday of the month
214 North Hogan Street
8th Floor 9:30 am
Jacksonville, FL., 32202
Please contact Barbara Florio to be added to the mailing list.
The Lofts at LaVilla Apartments
JHCDC Past Meeting Minutes