Who we are: The Compensation and Benefits Division is an activity under the Employee Services Department of the City of Jacksonville.
What we do: Our office is responsible for the development, procurement, administration and servicing of all city employees, retirees and eligible dependents' benefits programs. We also provide the same services for constitutional offices and some outside agencies.
Programs provided include: health insurance, Tricare supplement, employee and dependent life insurance, dental and vision plans, COBRA, a flexible spending account (FSA) (covering medical reimbursement, elder and child care, transportation and pre-taxed parking), OBRA, a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan and a 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan. We also provide new hire benefits overview sessions, pre-retirement seminars and a wellness program that provides blood drives, free flu shots, discounted gym membership and 'Lunch and Learn' programs to city employees and retirees.
Where we are located: 117 West Duval St., 1st. Floor, Suite 150, Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Hours of service: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Main Number: (904) 630-1314 - Fax Number: (904) 630-1294
If you have questions, please refer to the office staff and provider contacts or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert E. Parr, CLU, RHU, HIA, REBC
Chief of Compensation and Benefits
117 W. Duval Street , Suite 150
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Welcome to the CITY OF JACKSONVILLE!
Before you enroll, please review the following benefits information:
- Election of Section 125 Option
- NEW HIRE Online Enrollment Please note: If enrolling from home or an external location and not on a COJ computer please go to https://empselfservice.coj.net and begin the enrollment process. Click on “Benefits Enrollment”, follow computer prompts to enroll in benefits. Print the confirmation page at the end of the enrollment process and retain for your records. Enrollment must be completed prior to your benefits effective date. Contact ITD at (904) 255-1818 if you have trouble with your username or password.
2018 BENEFITS PLAN
2018 UF HEALTH DIRECT CARE
Effective January 1, 2018:New The City of Jacksonville has negotiated an agreement to offer employees and retirees an exciting new plan with low out of-pocket-costs and world-class health care through the UF Health Direct Care Network administered by Integra Administrative Group, Inc.
2018 FLORIDA BLUE
Eligibility Guidelines and Required Documents
2018 DENTAL INSURANCE*
2018 VISION INSURANCE*
*Rates are based on the Bargaining Unions/Units. Not all part-time employees are elibigble for benefits. It will depend on the Bargaining Unit/Occupational Code which is determined by the City of Jacksonville's Employee Services Department.
2018 FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
for Medical, Dependent Care and
Effective January 1, 2018:New
Discovery Benefits is the new Flexible Spending provider for Medical, Dependent Care and Qualified Transportation for City of Jacksonville.
For those who are enrolled in 2018 FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT New 12/7/2017
2018 TRICARE SUPPLEMENTAL PLAN
For MILITARY ONLY
2018 GROUP LIFE, STANDARD & SUPPLEMENTAL
Life Insurance Beneficiary Forms
2018 BENEFITS for EXTERNAL AGENCIES:
FCW, JHA & NEF
2018 COBRA/HIPAA MANDATED BENEFITS
Effective July 1, 2017: TASC is the new provider that took over the COBRA administration for the City of Jacksonville. If you have any questions about your rights to COBRA continuation coverage, please contact TASC Customer Care by phone at (800) 422 4661, or by e-mail at COBRAService@tasconline.com
Customer service hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
EMPOWER RETIREMENT PLANS
EAP + WORK/LIFE PROGRAM
All of us have experienced some type pf personal problem, concern or emotional crisis at one time or another. The new Health Advocate EAP+Work/Life program, offered to you at no cost by your employer, gives you access to a Licensed Professional Counselor or Work/Life Specialist for help with personal, family and work issues.
Help is Only a Phone Call Away!
Phone: 24/7 Support 1-877-240-6863
The Go365 program is designed to reward you for making healthy choices. You could be rewarded for a range of fitness, prevention, and education activities—anything from signing up for a 5k to completing a routine dental exam.
FITNESS CENTER/GYM MEMBERSHIP
The City will be moving our gym sponsored plan to Anytime Fitness effective 4/1/2018. Anytime Fitness is a 24-hour a day; 365 days a year health and fitness club. The company operates over 3,400 franchised locations in 20 countries.COJ Employees and Retirees will be able to take advantage of payroll deduction by completing the enrollment form below.
You may cancel your Bailey's gym membership for March 2018 by emailing your Bailey's Gym Cancellation Form to email@example.com no later than 25-Feb-2018 otherwise all COJ Bailey’s Gym Memberships will be automatically cancelled effective 01-April-2018.
Anytime Fitness Membership for COJ Employees and Retirees
1. Downtown : 100N Laura St., Jacksonville, FL 32202
- The membership is month to month; no contract. You can take advantage of the 30 day FREE TRIAL prior to enrollment by personally going to the ANYTIME FITNESS location at 100 N Laura St., Jacksonville, FL 32202.
- If you sign up for a 30 day free trial on or before 3/1/18, you will have access to 5 locations below until 4/1/18 at which time if you keep your membership and join the gym via salary deduction effective 4/1/18, you will then have access to all 3,400+ locations worldwide. Key fob is only available for pick up at Anytime Fitness location - 100N Laura St. 2nd floor
2. Mandarin : 4268 Oldfield Crossing Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32223
3. Beach Blvd.: 11915 beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32246
4. North Side : 267 Faye Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32226
5. Fruit Cove : 540 State Rd 13, Fruit Cove, FL
- After the 30 day free trial, if you would like to join the gym via COJ salary deduction, email your completed/signed enrollment form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 25th of the month in order for the enrollment to take place on the 1st of the following month.
- For More information/ questions, please contact Justin Holmes
Please note: All forms must be completed/signed by a COJ employee or retiree and email it to email@example.com. The form must be received in Compensation and Benefits office no later than the 25th of the month in order for the enrollment/cancellation to take place on the first of the following month.
You must have Adobe Reader XI installed in your computer to open the form. If you don't have it, you can download the Adobe Reader here.