Planning and Development
The Planning and Development Department manages existing and future development within the City of Jacksonville. Matters pertaining to zoning, the Comprehensive Plan, land use, concurrency, mobility, transportation policy, addressing, building codes and inspections all fall within the purview of the Planning and Development Department. While its responsibilities are varied, the Department ensures that development and the implementation of programs and activities in Jacksonville occurs in a logical, safe, orderly and fair manner.
For more information call (904) 255-7800.
- The Building Inspection Division is responsible for vertical construction permitting, building inspections, inspections of permitted construction and floodplain management.
Joshua Gideon, C.B.O, Chief can be reached at (904) 255-8521 or JGideon@coj.net
- The Current Planning Division houses Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and is responsible for zoning interpretation and review of zoning applications: Administrative Deviations, Exceptions, Variances, Waivers, Conventional Rezonings and Planned Unit Developments (PUDs).
Folks Huxford, Chief can be reached at (904) 255-7829 or FHuxford@coj.net
- The Community Planning Division is responsible for the Comprehensive Plan, land use amendments, Developments of Regional Impacts (DRIs) and historic preservation.
Kristen Reed, Chief can be reached at (904) 255-7888 or KReed@coj.net
- The Development Services Division handles site plan review, addressing, right-of-way permitting, concurrency/mobility and zoning counter operations that assists with various applications and certificates of use.
Ellyn Cavin, P.E., Chief can be reached at (904) 255-8310 or ECavin@coj.net
- The Transportation Planning Division focuses on transportation policy, planning and development activities and is a key participant in coordinating land use and transportation issues related to land development in the City of Jacksonville through elements of the Comprehensive Plan, as well as the City's overall mobility needs.
Laurie Santana, Chief can be reached at (904) 255-7857 or LSantana@coj.net
Click below for more information about other areas in the Planning and Development Department:
William B. Killingsworth, Director
Ed Ball Building
214 North Hogan Street, Suite 300
Jacksonville, Florida 32202