Upcoming Training and Workshops
FHWA: Designing for Bicyclist Safety - Emphasis Upon Separated Bike Lanes and Intersections
For more information and to register CLICK HERE
Lace & Axle: City of Jacksonville Bicycle and Pedestrian Newsletter
The Lace & Axle Newsletter, a digital bulletin issued quarterly, includes information on recent pedestrian and bicycle improvements throughout Jacksonville. Please contact Matt Fall, Bicycle Pedestrian Coordinator, at MFall@coj.net for the most recent newsletter.
JaxRax Bike Rack Request Form
Are you a business owner who would benefit from bicycle parking? Do you know a business that needs a bicycle rack? The City will furnish and install bike racks, free of charge, to businesses in an effort to become a Bicycle Friendly Community. For the JaxRax Program Manual, Click Here. To request a bicycle rack, fill out the below form.
2017 Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan
The Master Plan developed a prioritized network of recommended bicycle facilities for City and State roads located within the I-295 Beltway.
Download a copy of the Master Plan here.
Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) Meeting
Event by Friends of BPAC
The next BPAC meeting will be virtual
, at 5:30 PM this Thursday December 9, at 5:30 PM.
BPAC meetings are regularly scheduled monthly via Zoom, for the first Thursday at 5:30 pm.
Two or more members of the CSSSC will be in attendance.
Items to be discussed will include the following:
- Recap of the North Florida TPO 2021 Safe Streets Summit,
- Discussions of two projects that have hearings coming up, i.e.
- A roundabout at Roosevelt Blvd and Edgewood Avenue and
- The Hogan Street Cycle Track,
- Updates on ongoing projects, e.g. the Gate Parkway Traffic Calming Project, and an
- Update from the Context Sensitive Streets Standards Committee
If you would like to attend and have not received an email with the meeting link, you can receive one by emailing Larry Roberts at email@example.com
NOTICE OF ATTENDANCE OF MEMBERS OF THE CONTEXT SENSITIVE STREETS STANDARDS COMMITTEE:
Members of the Context Sensitive Streets Standards Committee will be in attendance at this meeting, and may discuss topics relating to the Context Sensitive Streets Standards Committee.
Local Biking Information and Groups
- Parks Trail Guides and Maps
- Find local trails to bike and hike
- JTA Bikes on Buses
- How to load a bicycle on a bus and more
- North Florida Bike Club
- Find local rides, popular routes, and community events
- Bicycle Pedestrian Action Committee (BPAC) which advocates for bicyclist and pedestrians in Jacksonville
- Bike Duval
- Community organization committed to social rides and events
- Springfield Preservation and Revitalization (SPAR) hosts "Explore the Core" social bike rides and more
Bicycle Pedestrain Coordinator
Can be reached at (904) 255-7835