The residential solid waste fee covers the cost for the city to provide collection and disposal of household garbage, yard waste, and recycling.
- Generally, the solid waste fee is charged to property owners that have four or less residential structures on a parcel.
- Parcels with more than four residential structures are not eligible for city residential collection.
- The solid waste fee is collected as a non-ad valorem assessment on the property tax bill.
- There are no discount programs available for this fee.
- The current rate per residence is $12.65/month, or $151.80/year. Future rates will be determined according to the annual review of fees as defined in Sec. 106.112, Jacksonville Ordinance Code.
NOTE: All owners of eligible residential premises - regardless of occupancy - will be charged the solid waste fee. Waivers will not be granted for properties with only one residential unit. If you wish to contest the charges, please call the Solid Waste Division at 904-255-7500 and complete and submit an affidavit for waiver.
Use the following links to learn more:
Please be aware that it is unlawful to place hazardous waste of any kind in the residential collection waste streams. Municipal Code Section 380.209.
To request collection service or report a problem with collection, please call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit the MyJax online customer service website at myjax.custhelp.com.