If your yard waste collection and your garbage collection fall on the same day, please place yard waste apart from the garbage. Set out your yard waste no later than 6 a.m. on collection day. Yard waste is collected weekly. DO NOT place any yard waste in the City issued carts.
TYPES OF YARD WASTE
- Tree limbs, sticks, logs and stumps less than 40 pounds (not to exceed 5 feet in length and less than 40 pounds in weight).
- Containerized leaves and grass clippings.
- Bush or shrub clippings, palm fronds.
- Natural Christmas wreaths and trees (remove hangers, stands and all decorations).
UNACCEPTABLE YARD WASTE
- Any treated or painted wood, such as:
- Railroad ties
- Landscape timbers
These items should be discarded with household garbage.
YARD WASTE DISPOSAL STANDARDS
- Five (5) cubic yards—roughly 30, 32-gallon garbage bags.
- No single container or item can weigh more than 40 pounds.
- Limbs and logs must be no more than six (6) inches in diameter.
- Bags must be sealed closed.
- Automated service carts may not be used for yard waste.
TIP: Yard waste can be reused! Leave short grass clippings on your lawn to return vital nutrients and maintain healthy soil. Use yard waste to create compost. Pine needles and leaves can be used as mulch.
TIP: Tree trunks, stumps, limbs or other tree trimmings generated by a tree surgeon (or similar commercial entity) working on your property must be properly removed and disposed of by the company performing the work.
The City of Jacksonville is not responsible for picking up tree waste generated by a tree surgeon or similar commercial entity (Ord. Sec. 380.206).
Please be aware that it is unlawful to place hazardous waste of any kind in the residential collection waste streams. Municipal Code Section 380.209.
To request collection service or report a problem with collection, please call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit the MyJax online customer service website at myjax.custhelp.com.