Solid Waste Division
Waste Collection Service Changes
Attention residents in the ADS and SWS waste collection service areas: your collection schedule may be changing Jan 6.
Due to rapid community growth, changes are being implemented to help the haulers provide quality services to Jacksonville residents. These changes do not affect apartment complexes, commercial businesses, multi-family housing communities, or other places that do not utilize City of Jacksonville residential waste collection services.
Calendars are mailed to all residents. Additionally, residents can type their address on the map tool to see their new collection schedule or contact 630-City (2489) To use the map tool, visit http://arcg.is/0Ty1my, type your address in the search bar and click your mouse in the service area where your property is located. This will pop-up a window that displays your collection schedule.
The Solid Waste Division's mission is to provide environmentally sound and cost effective solid waste and recycling services for the City of Jacksonville that exceed our customers' expectations.
- Managing solid waste residential collection activities
- Planning, managing and operating solid waste management facilities in Jacksonville
- Collection and disposal of waste
- Curbside recycling program
- Litter and illegal dumping: investigative and abatement efforts
- Household hazardous waste disposal
- Provides residential curbside collection: garbage, yard waste, and recycling services including appliance and tire collections.
- Contracts are administered with three private garbage haulers for residential collection of garbage, yard waste and recycling services
throughout the County.
- This activity also provides limited commercial collection of garbage and yard waste from small businesses.
- Oversees landfill operations, the yard waste processing facilities, and the Household Hazardous Waste program
- Handles landfill closures and ongoing maintenance after closures for the East, North, and Trail Ridge landfills
- This activity also provides assessment and remediation contaminants found at other closed landfills.
Will Williams, Chief
- Investigates and collects litter
- Investigates illegal dumping and blight issues along the public rights-of-way
- Enforces the Waste Tire ordinance
Solid Waste Division
1031 Superior Street
Jacksonville, FL 32254
To request service or report a problem (including TTY users), please call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit myjax.custhelp.com.