Disposal Operations ensures that solid waste is disposed of in an environmentally safe manner.
- Managing and monitoring the city's landfill and yard waste processing facilities
- Overseeing the disposal programs for household hazardous waste and electronic waste.
- Monitoring and maintaining the city's closed landfills
- Oversees the permitting process for and inspections of solid waste management facilities
- Responsible for the investigation and remediation of contaminated sites that are a result of past dumping, disposal or landfill operations
Trail Ridge Landfill Address and Contact Number
The city's landfill is the Trail Ridge Landfill.
- Located at 5110 U.S. Hwy 301S in Baldwin (about 4.5 miles south of US 301 at I-10)
- For more information, call (904) 255-7355
Trail Ridge Landfill Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 6 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Trail Ridge Landfill Fee Schedule
Monday – Friday
- Regular Waste (household garbage/building materials) - $29.87 / Per Ton
- Yard Waste - $25 / Per Ton
Saturday (Residential Rate)
- 1st 500 Pounds - $1
- 500+ Pounds - $29.87 / Per Ton
Fee Schedule for Disposal: White Goods/Tires
- Passenger car tires (each) - $ 1.50 at scalehouse. Discard on hill $13.50
- Truck tires (each) - $10.00
- Other tires (each) - $28.00
- Appliances (each) - $20.00 at scalehouse
If appliances and/or tires are taken to Trail Ridge Landfill, they must be declared at the scalehouse. If not declared, there is an additional surcharge.
Yard Waste Processing Facility
The city's South Mulch Facility at 11600 Davis Creek Road East is closed.
To request collection service or report a problem with collection, please call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit myjax.custhelp.com.