The residential solid waste fee covers the cost for the city to provide collection and disposal of household garbage, yard waste, and recycling.
- Generally, the solid waste fee is charged to property owners that have four or less residential structures on a parcel.
- Parcels with more than four residential structures are not eligible for city residential collection.
- The solid waste fee is collected as a non-ad valorem assessment on the property tax bill.
- There are no discount programs available for this fee.
- The current rate per residence is $12.65/month, or $151.80/year. Future rates will be determined according to the annual review of fees as defined in Sec. 106.112, Jacksonville Ordinance Code.
NOTE: All owners of eligible residential premises - regardless of occupancy - will be charged the solid waste fee. If you wish to contest the charges, please call the Solid Waste Division at 904-255-7500 and complete and submit an affidavit for waiver.
Waivers will not be granted for properties with only one residential unit.
Use the following links to learn more: