Solid waste collections in Jacksonville are provided by:
- City crew
- Contracted haulers:
- Advanced Disposal Services
- Republic Services d/b/a Southland Waste Systems of Jacksonville
- Waste Pro USA.
To identify your wastehauler, review the map below or call (904) 630-CITY (2489).
City of Jacksonville Ordinance Section 382.415. - Resident's Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of all residents to separate yard trash, trash, and garbage (including rubbish).
- Trash, garbage (including rubbish) and recyclables shall be placed separately at curbside no sooner than 5:00 p.m. of the day before scheduled collection and any garbage/recyclables receptacles shall be removed by 6:00 a.m. the following day.
- Placement of garbage or recyclable material at curbside after 6:00 a.m. on the date of collection does not have to be picked up by the City or contractor if the collection vehicles has passed the pertinent curbside after 6:00 a.m., thereby making the customer responsible for removing such garbage or recyclable material form the curbside until the next scheduled pickup date.
- It shall be unlawful and a violation of this chapter for any person to place at the curb for collection any container(s) unless those containers contain only trash, only yard trash or only garbage (including rubbish).
- It is unlawful and a violation for any person to place at curbside for collection commingled trash, yard trash or garbage (including rubbish).
Failure to comply with the provisions of this section 382.415 shall be enforceable solely as a civil infraction as provided in City Code Chapter 609 (Code Enforcement Citations).
Please be aware that it is unlawful to place hazardous waste of any kind in the residential collection waste streams. Municipal Code Section 380.209.
Residential Waste Haulers
Solid Waste Division Collection & Sanitary Services Activity
1031 Superior St.
Jacksonville, FL 32254
Advanced Disposal Services (ADS)
9798 Normandy Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Republic Services d/b/a Southland Waste Systems of Jacksonville (SWS)
218 Morgan Ave.
Jacksonville, FL 32254
Waste Pro USA (WP)
2940 Strickland St.
Jacksonville, FL 32243
To request collection service or report a problem with collection, please call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit the MyJax online customer service website at myjax.custhelp.com