Disposal Operations ensures that solid waste is disposed of in an environmentally safe manner.
- Managing and monitoring the city's landfill and yard waste processing facilities
- Overseeing the disposal programs for household hazardous waste and electronic waste.
- Monitoring and maintaining the city's closed landfills
- Oversees the permitting process for and inspections of solid waste management facilities
- Responsible for the investigation and remediation of contaminated sites that are a result of past dumping, disposal or landfill operations.
The city's landfill is the Trail Ridge Landfill, located at 5110 U.S. Hwy 301S in Baldwin.
(about 4 1/2 mi. south of US 301 at I-10). For more information, call (904) 255-7355.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Fri 6 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday 6 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
* Closed Sundays
Monday – Friday
Regular Waste (household garbage and building materials) - $29.87 / Per Ton
Yard Waste - $25 / Per Ton
Saturday (Residential Rate)
1st 500 Pounds - $1
500+ Pounds - $29.87 / Per Ton
If appliances and/or tires are taken to Trail Ridge Landfill, they must be declared at the scalehouse. If not declared, there is an additional surcharge.
Fee Schedule for Disposal: White Goods/Tires
Passenger car tires (each) - $ 1.50 at scalehouse. Discard on hill $13.50
Truck tires (each) - $10.00
Other tires (each) - $28.00
Appliances (each) - $20.00 at scalehouse.
The city's South Mulch Facility at 11600 Davis Creek Road East is closed.
To request collection service or report a problem with collection, please call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit 630-CITY online.