Disposal Operations ensures that solid waste is disposed of in an environmentally safe manner.
- Managing and monitoring the city's landfill and yard waste processing facilities
- Overseeing the disposal programs for household hazardous waste and electronic waste.
- Monitoring and maintaining the city's closed landfills
- Oversees the permitting process for and inspections of solid waste management facilities
- Responsible for the investigation and remediation of contaminated sites that are a result of past dumping, disposal or landfill operations.
The city's landfill is the Trail Ridge Landfill, located at 5110 U.S. Hwy 301S in Baldwin (about 4.5 miles outh of US 301 at I-10).
For more information, call (904) 255-7355.
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Friday:
||6 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
||6 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Regular Waste (household garbage and building materials) - $29.87 / Per Ton
Yard Waste - $25 / Per Ton
Saturday (Residential Rate)
1st 500 Pounds - $1
500+ Pounds - $29.87 / Per Ton
If appliances and/or tires are taken to Trail Ridge Landfill, they must be declared at the scalehouse. If not declared, there is an additional surcharge.
Fee Schedule for Disposal: White Goods/Tires
Passenger car tires (each) - $ 1.50 at scalehouse. Discard on hill $13.50
Truck tires (each) - $10.00
Other tires (each) - $28.00
Appliances (each) - $20.00 at scalehouse.
The city's South Mulch Facility at 11600 Davis Creek Road East is closed.
To request collection service or report a problem with collection, please call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit 630-CITY online.