Residents may recycle scrap tires curbside - schedule in advance with 630-CITY (2489).
TIRE DISPOSAL STANDARDS
- Up to four (4) standard vehicle tires, with or without rims.
- Place within five (5) feet of the curb.
- No oversized tires permitted.
Tires need to be scheduled by calling 630-CITY (2489) or click on the link to schedule tires.
SCRAP TIRES USE
Recycled tires are put to use in several ways:
To request collection service or report a problem with collection, please call (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit the MyJax online customer service website at myjax.custhelp.com.
- Asphalt for the resurfacing of highways (I-10, US1 or I-95)
- Subsoil (REBOUND) made of a mixture of scrap tires and compost for football, soccer and baseball fields
- Safety surfacing for playground equipment (now available at Wal-Mart)
- Molded products such as tiles