Paint cans collected during household hazerdous waste collection.Household hazardous wastes cannot be collected curbside. Residents may take items to the city's Household Hazardous Waste Facility.  


2675 Commonwealth Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32254

(904) 387-8847


Tuesday – Saturday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday – Monday: Closed

For more information or to arrange for special handling of unusual material, call (904) 387-8847.


  •  Hazardous waste disposal.
  •  Appliance disposal.
  •  Large electronics disposal.
  •  Consultation about disposal or special handling of hazardous waste.

Fee Schedule

Duval Residents:  Free
Others:                  Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator and Non-Residents 
                               Flammable Liquids – $4.25 / Per Gallon
                               Latex - $1.25 + Documentation Fee
Checks/money orders only to be made payable to Tax Collector.

The following items must not be put out for curbside collection:

  •  Pesticides, pool chemicals, or any other type of chemicals or acids.
  •  Car parts, scrap metal, antifreeze, motor oil or used oil filters.
  •  Gas, propane, kerosene or diesel fuel/tanks.
  •  Fireworks, flares, fire extinguishers, gun powder or ammunition.
  •  Drain cleaners, paint, varnish, shellac, thinners or strippers.
  •  Friable Asbestos Containing Material – acoustic ceiling tiles, plaster, insulation, pipe coverings, spackle or patching compounds.
  •  Thermometers or thermostats.
  •  Batteries from vehicles, that are rechargeable, or that are used in portable devices.
  •  Fluorescent or Compact Flourescent (CFL) lights/tubes/bulbs.

Disposing paint/motor oil limits are 27 gallons of paint and/or 27 gallons of motor oil in a 30 day period per Duval County Resident.


  •  Deliver items to the HHW Facility (see address below).
  •  Take them to HHW remote collection events.
  •  Locate a retailer that accepts your type of hazardous waste. For example, many auto service stations will accept used motor oil free of charge. For the list, call FDEP at 1-800-741-4DEP (4337) or research recycling centers at

Mobile Collection Events

Our mobile collection events program has been expanded from collecting household hazardous wastes to include the collection of electronic wastes (e-wastes). Each event is open to all Duval County residents. For information, call (904) 387-8847.

Learn more about e-waste. 

*To report illegal dumping of household hazardous waste, please call (904) 255-7519 or (904) 255-7501.

To request service or report a problem, please call  (904) 630-CITY (2489) or visit 630-CITY online.