Building Safer Neighborhoods
Keeping Illegal Activity Out of Rental Property
The Landlord Training Program offers a free training designed to help owners and managers keep illegal drug activity and other criminal activity off their property. The content of the course has been developed through a process of intensive research involving hundreds of organizations and individuals: landlords, management associations, private attorneys, public defenders, housing authority personnel, tenant screening companies, law enforcement leaders, district officers, and many others. The program has won the approval of active landlords and concerned tenants alike.
What Will You Learn?
Prevention and Applicant Screening
- How code compliance can protect your rights as a landlord
- Benefits of applicant screening
- Tips to strengthen rental agreements
- How to become a proactive property manager
Drug Nuisance Abatement
- Warning signs of drug activity
- Actions you must take if you discover your tenant or tenant’s guests are conducting illegal activities at your property
- Role of the Police Department
- Crisis resolution and the eviction process
Landlord Training Program Registration
Cost of training is FREE
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. THE NOVEMBER 14TH CLASS IS FILLED TO CAPACITY.
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR NEXT YEAR'S SCHEDULE
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- Training dates are limited to 50 attendees per class, and registration is first come, first served.
- Please complete a separate registration for each person interested in attending.
- PLEASE NOTE: It may take up to a week to receive your training confirmation.
A comprehensive manual with additional community resources for landlords and property managers is available for $10.00 to workshop attendees (CASH ONLY).